Saturday, 10 October 2009
President O Bama Recieves the Nobel Peace Prize
Lets have a little glance at what he has been up to since coming to office.
1. Climate change regulation – India and China gave him a thumbs down and are still building coal fired plants.
2. Guantanamo bay – He asked it to be closed by February 2010, will not be done.
3. Health care reform – the opposition to that bill in the house and senate is mind numbing
4. Reduce nuclear weapons – Iran and North Korea want nuclear weapons. India, China and Israel won’t sign nuclear non-proliferation treaty.
5. Afghanistan – in his campaign he said he will bring the fight against terrorism hard to Al Qaeda, but now he has second thoughts about troop increase.
6. Job losses – Said job losses will not be above 9%, currently in the USA that figure stands at 9.8% with no end in sight.
7. Israel-Palestine conflict – Israel won’t stop building settlements and Hamas criticized that Obama received the noble peace prize.
8. Iran – USA wants sanctions, but co-operation from China and Russia is lukewarm to say the least.
9. Honduras – Wants the ousted president reinstated, no one is listening.
Does the power of rhetoric really count for more than real political achievements?
This remind me of a satirical joke.
The writers of the theonion.com could not have written this one any better.
Food for thought.